Luigi Walt, b. 1975, Ph.D. in Religious Studies (Univ. of Bologna, 2008), is Senior Lecturer in History of Religions at the University of Naples “L’Orientale”. Among his publications: Paolo e le parole di Gesù. Frammenti di un insegnamento orale (2013); Texts, Practices, and Groups: Multidisciplinary Approaches to the History of Jesus’ Followers in the First Two Centuries (co-ed., 2017); Sceptic and Believer in Ancient Mediterranean Religions (co-ed., 2020); and Paolo traduttore. Sulla distinzione tra spirito e lettera (2021).
- Cultural history of biblical and apocryphal texts
- Early Christianity and religions of the ancient Mediterranean
- Orality and writing in antiquity
- Method and theory in the study of religion
Academic Affiliations and Memberships
Association pour l’étude de la littérature apocryphe chrétienne (AELAC) • Centro Italiano di Studi Superiori sulle Religioni (CISSR) • European Association of Biblical Studies (EABS) • European Association for the Study of Religions (EASR) • Societas Spinozana • Society of Biblical Literature (SBL)
Work in Progress (Selection)
- The Sixth Book of Ezra: Introduction, Translation, and Commentary
- The Acts of Mark in Aquileia: A Study in the Memory of Origins
- [Ed. / Transl.] J.Z. Smith, Selected Essays in the Study of Religion
⇒ For an Italian version of this page, click here
Devi effettuare l'accesso per postare un commento.